14.81%
    Frohliche Weihnachten, Seig Heil
    25.93%
    Gay Folk Burning Faggots on the Fire
    18.52%
    Stranger on the Train
    18.52%

The poll is expired.

So as this led to an interesting issue because it wasn't explicitly stated in the fall thread. You can only vote for 3 entries, period. If you vote for more than 3 the 3 stories that appear earliest in the poll will receive your votes.

Also, as may be obvious from at least one story in this one, yes permission was given to use existing characters so some of the stories may be obvious who wrote them. This is expected.

And last but not least, as I already mentioned in the one thread most likely to cause this issue: Yes, you will be mocked mercilessly if you complain about the stories without having read them. This is especially true for Gay Folk Burning Faggots on the Fire and Frohliche Weihnachten, Seig Heil. Seriously, read the stories in full before commenting on them, especially if it's to complain about them.

And really last but not least:

MAKE SURE YOUR TIMEZONE SETTINGS IN YOUR ACCOUNT ARE CORRECT! IF THEY ARE WRONG, YOU WILL SEE THE WRONG CLOSING TIME FOR THE POLL!

• BrownOwl
    replied
    Re: Winter Contest 2017 Voting Thread

Oh believe me he'll get payback for some reason i was never confirmed. So I'm having daydream about using the 1572 confirmation oath in latin just to see the look on his face

Leave a comment:

• WBDaddy
    replied

Originally posted by BrownOwl View Post
    I intend to, but Valentines day is the start of Lent this year,. Depending on how nutz Father wants to go this year I might not be around
    Well I suggest you pay back whatever it is he lent you, then there's no issue...

Leave a comment:

• BrownOwl
    replied

Originally posted by ClawdiaWolf View Post
    You can make up for it by making sure you're around to vote for the V-day one

I intend to, but Valentines day is the start of Lent this year,. Depending on how nutz Father wants to go this year I might not be around

Leave a comment:

• ClawdiaWolf
    replied

Originally posted by BrownOwl View Post
    dang i missed it while i was mostly away
    You can make up for it by making sure you're around to vote for the V-day one

Leave a comment:

• BrownOwl
    replied

dang i missed it while i was mostly away

Leave a comment:

• Vearynope
    replied

I think I've repeated myself enough on IRC, but man, picking what to vote for was really hard this time around. It could've been anyone, and that's a good thing.

Congrats to the winners, and many thanks to you all, this was a fun read.

Leave a comment:

• Cute-Kitten
    replied

Originally posted by kerry View Post
    I stand by my original statement that yours was the best story here. I sincerely appreciate the votes and the first place finish, though. I think "Eternal Kiss" is a good story; I was proud of it (especially the cats). But I am in awe of your story, which (come to think of it) is often a feeling a have when reading your work. I don't know what you actually do for a living, but if it doesn't involve writing, quit right now and find something that does. I'm dead serious. You are amazing.

Kerry
    Aww, I'm blushing! Thank you. You're amazing, too- your plots and stories pull people right in for a fun ride.

Leave a comment:

• kerry
    replied

Originally posted by Cute-Kitten View Post
    Congratulations Kerry, the actual 1st place winner. Congrats Gummy. And Kerry again.
    I stand by my original statement that yours was the best story here. I sincerely appreciate the votes and the first place finish, though. I think "Eternal Kiss" is a good story; I was proud of it (especially the cats). But I am in awe of your story, which (come to think of it) is often a feeling a have when reading your work. I don't know what you actually do for a living, but if it doesn't involve writing, quit right now and find something that does. I'm dead serious. You are amazing.

Kerry

Leave a comment:

• Cute-Kitten
    replied

Congratulations Kerry, the actual 1st place winner. Congrats Gummy. And Kerry again.

Leave a comment:

• ClawdiaWolf
    replied

Okay, the total number of voters is still off, but the numbers reflect the actual voting now for the ones that weren't counted properly due to the database errors.

Congrats to Kerry (Eternal Kiss) for 1st place, CK (Frohliche Weihnachten, Seig Heil) for second, and Kerry and Gummybear for their 3rd place tie

Sorry, Ally. You still came in last, but you did have one more vote than was listed originally

Leave a comment:

• ClawdiaWolf
    replied

Just a heads up, but the final totals may change. There are some database errors recorded related to this poll and I need to contact several people to verify some things.

If you received a database error after voting if you could PM what your votes should have been it would save me some time. And before anyone decides to be a smartass and try to pull a fast one: I can see which users had errors associated with their votes, just the DB log didn’t log the exact query or I could fix it without having to communicate with anyone

Leave a comment:

• ClawdiaWolf
    replied

Vearynope’s list is 100% accurate

Leave a comment:

• kerry
    replied

I also think that CK wrote Frohliche Weihnachten. If so, CONGRATS, Cute-Kitten! If not, CONGRATS, whoever! It really was the best story here, in my estimation.

Leave a comment:

• kerry
    replied

Only two? I actually wrote all five.
    Last edited by kerry; 01-19-2018, 04:42:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X