This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rules and other Important Information

Note. that all information in this thread is already available here. This thread is just to collect that information in an easy to find place. If you don't care about the discussions in that thread it's better to subscribe to this one as this thread can only be posted in by an admin account so will only contain updated information.

Jump to the questions section

Re: Rules and other Important Information

Recently I was contacted by a long time member who wishes to remain anonymous about having a Halloween contest this year. He has agreed to put up cash for prizes for this one. I was actually hesitant to agree for various reasons. Mostly those reasons were due to the fact that October is a pretty busy month for NaNoWriMo Municipal Liaisons.

Obviously I decided it was worth it. Basically the rules are the same as the 2010 contest with a few minor changes.

1. Stories must be about Halloween. There will be separate prizes for scary and non-scary stories. (Specifics will be announced later)

2. Each author may submit one story in each category, but you can only win a prize in one of them to keep it fair.

3. Stories can be submitted one of these ways4. Stories must be submitted by 11:59pm CST on November 8th, 2016. They will be posted anonymously.

5. Stories can be any length, but MUST be complete when submitted. It also must be a new story, never posted anywhere before. We suggest not to make your story too long, as this may discourage reading and voting.

6. Voting will follow, by member polling, through 11:59pm CST, November 25th, 2016.

When submitting your story please include the following the information at the top formatted as shown, and yes even if submit via PM:

Username: yourusername
    Email: youraccount'semailaddress
    Title: Story's Title

So if I was submitting a story it would be

Username: Renko Yanagi
    Email: issues@abdlstoryforum.info
    Title: My Crappy Halloween Story

If you have any questions please feel free to post them here. You can also email me at the submissions address above if you don't want to post your question publicly. Please do not PM me with questions as there's a good chance I may not see it as quickly as I will a post here or an email.

Comment

Some important questions that have been asked and answered. (note: this post may contain questions not in the original thread yet because they were received via email and haven't been posted there yet.)

Do you have to be a member to submit a story?

This contest is a one time exception in that because I failed to mention this in the original post so for this one, no. However obviously if you don't have an account I cannot associate your story with your account after the voting ends. Future contests will require you to have an account to submit an entry.

Posted anonymously? What does that mean?

Prior to the end of voting all stories will be available in this forum posted by the ContestEntry bot account. A script will run after the contest ends (manually however) that will associate each story with it's author.

Is fanfiction allowed?

Yes. As long as the story is Halloween themed and doesn't violate the board's rules.

Does it have to be diaper related?

Those would be preferred obviously but not strictly required. It should be at least ABDL themed in some way, it just doesn't have to involve diapers as long as it meets the other requirements.

How Halloween themed are we talking about? Does it have to revolve around Halloween and/or a Halloween event (trick-or-treating, party, reminiscing, etc.)? Or can it just take place on Halloween with the decorations and costumes in the background whilst a less Halloween-centric story happens in the foreground?

Front and center preferred, but if it's it a bit in the background it's not a deal breaker for this contest. Future contests will be a bit stricter on this one.

What is the amounts of the prizes?

Due to needing to see how many submissions are received in each category this isn't finalized yet. As soon as it is I will post a separate thread with that info. The main issue is that if there aren't enough submissions in one category it may be necessary to combine everything into one vote instead of separate prizes for each category and numbers will need to be adjusted. Obviously we would prefer that not be the case, but it's a possibility as I recently had one author withdraw their submission for personal reasons.

So… smut is cool as long as it doesn't run afoul of site rules?

Yes. Although try to keep it tasteful. Well as tasteful as anything considered "smut" could possibly be anyway

I hate to ask this but if you have a story posted on a different site that was never posted here but fits the theme of the contest would that be legal?

Nope. As it says in the first post it needs to have never been posted before. Although I admit that there's a keyword missing in that rule and it has since been updated. That keyword was anywhere

Note: If it was on a BBS that is only available via SSH/Telnet I'll bend that rule just a little on a technicality. That technicality is you are fucking awesome if you know of any active ones that accept ABDL stories still

Seriously, unrelated but if you know of any SSH/Telnet BBSes that are ABDL themed running around then by all means share connection info in the Links forum

Is there a restriction on which tools I can use?

(Note: the original was about a specific tool, but generalizing for ease of answering)

Nope. Well obviously using an AI to write your story would be not cool since an AI can't win the prize and it would be cheating, but other than that no restrictions. Seriously use the writing tools that work best for you whether that's Notepad, Nano, Pico, Ed, Emacs, Vi, Vim, Kate, Mousepad, Word, Libre Office/Open Office writer, Scrivener, or whatever tool I've missed

To be honest if I could participate mine would involve a combination of Scrivener, Scapple, and Aeon Timeline. (also: Scrivener and Aeon Timeline can be had dirt cheap if you win NaNoWriMo.)

Why can't Renko participate?

A technicality that is really dumb. See legally to run a contest in the state I live in that has cash prizes over a certain total amount you need a license for it. One of the restrictions is that no one involved in running the contest can legally participate… so yeah, that would be why. An annoying technicality. Luckily the prizes will all be small enough that I don't have to actually collect any personal information for awarding them. And yes I made absolutely certain of this before saying yes to doing the contest at all.

That "no one running it can legally participate" is also very much why this wasn't discussed in advance with Kita or Wingz. This way they can absolutely participate if they desire because I have all the necessary papertrails to prove they aren't involved.

Comment

If you submitted an entry in the last 3 days I have received them but not had a chance to look them over. I will doing that first thing in the morning.

And as a reminder: Stories must comply with the board's rules.

Comment

Working...
        X