Guess the Authors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess the Authors

Want to try and guess who the authors of the stories are? This is the place to do it.

I will not confirm the accuracy (or lack of it) for any guesses until after the reveals. In fact the only hint I will give is who the authors whose stories got posted are.
    • Elibean
    • Ally
    • Vearynope
    • WBDaddy
    • Selv14
    • Cute-Kitten
    • ludib
    • Les Lea
    • Write and Left
    • Sasha Butters
    And yes, there are only 10 authors but 11 stories. Only one author took advantage of being able to submit two stories. For a single bonus point you have to guess who it was

Re: Guess the Authors

Wow, beat me to it.

I was gonna PM you a bunch of guesses, and see how well I've been lurking.

Probably still give PM them, cause if I post a list here, my story will be noticeably absent from it… Or did I misread?
    I'll put a line-break anywhere, and you can't

stop me.

Comment

Originally posted by Vearynope link=topic=7049.msg71253#msg71253 date=1479248733
      Wow, beat me to it.

I was gonna PM you a bunch of guesses, and see how well I've been lurking.

Probably still give PM them, cause if I post a list here, my story will be noticeably absent from it… Or did I misread?
      You wouldn't be the first person to send me a PM with their guesses

The funny part is the first person who did so did it while I was still posting the stories, and I'm sure they're kicking themself in the ass right now for guessing who they did on one story as they guessed an author who didn't even submit a story

Comment

Originally posted by Renko Yanagi link=topic=7049.msg71254#msg71254 date=1479248887
        You wouldn't be the first person to send me a PM with their guesses

The funny part is the first person who did so did it while I was still posting the stories, and I'm sure they're kicking themself in the ass right now for guessing who they did on one story as they guessed an author who didn't even submit a story
        Well posting all the names of the participants makes it too easy.
        I'll put a line-break anywhere, and you can't

stop me.

Comment

Originally posted by Vearynope link=topic=7049.msg71257#msg71257 date=1479250514
          Well posting all the names of the participants makes it too easy.
          Does it? Tell me which one is Ally's or Selv14's

Comment

This could be fun. I'm already 99% sure of who one of the authors is. Some of these could be tricky, though.
            Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Comment

I hadn't thought it through at first, but now you mention it, Vearynope, I see exactly what you mean. I have to agree that interesting though it may be, authors should not be posting guesses publicly until the reveal. Which is a good portion of the active members here (or at least those who post regularly), but such is life.
              Take the buffets of life, work through them, and savor the buffets.
              Story Forum Chat: abdlstoryforum.info/chat.php

Comment

I've asked the non-authors who have been messaging me to post here, so hopefully you'll see some non-author guesses.

EDIT:

Removed some incorrect info about one of the early guesses. It incorrectly said someone had got most of the stories right and they hadn't. I was working off a bad copy of the master list because excel is stupid…

Comment

I've got everyone's most recent stories set aside, I'll try to compare the styles. I don't have much practice doing this so I might learn something.

I'm guessing Ally will be the hardest to pin down as she has no other stories here to compare to, leaving her with the runoff vote(s) after I'm likely to fail miserably at educated guessing.

I'm fully confident that Les Lea wrote Boo!, though. Distinctive style + limited pool of male-centric authors to choose from makes it hard to hide.
                  Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneWhoSees
                    I'm guessing Ally will be the hardest to pin down as she has no other stories here to compare to…
                    A situation I'm actually in the process of rectifying. I've been sitting on my fingers to convince them not to reply to the comment(s) on my story and give the game away. A story start should be just the thing to siphon off the pent-up desire to comment and reply to comments.
                    Take the buffets of life, work through them, and savor the buffets.
                    Story Forum Chat: abdlstoryforum.info/chat.php

Comment

I'm just a little bummed that you gave the clue you did. I'll decline to say why.

Comment

Originally posted by WBDaddy link=topic=7049.msg71284#msg71284 date=1479270632
                        I'm just a little bummed that you gave the clue you did. I'll decline to say why.
                        Assuming you meant this:

It's not much of a help. The wrong guess I was referring to was about Abomination being authored by Long_Rifle

Comment

Originally posted by Renko Yanagi link=topic=7049.msg71287#msg71287 date=1479270875
                          Assuming you meant this:

It's not much of a help. The wrong guess I was referring to was about Abomination being authored by Long_Rifle
                          No, I just meant giving a list of authors.

Comment

Originally posted by WBDaddy link=topic=7049.msg71288#msg71288 date=1479270938
                            No, I just meant giving a list of authors.
                            You mean a list that with one exception everyone on it outright said they submitted something at some point and could easily be found with a board search?

Comment

Originally posted by Renko Yanagi link=topic=7049.msg71290#msg71290 date=1479271087
                              You mean a list that with one exception everyone on it outright said they submitted something at some point and could easily be found with a board search?
                              Well yeah, but who's gonna go through the trouble? ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X