Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess the Authors

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Re: Guess the Authors

    Originally posted by WBDaddy link=topic=7049.msg71292#msg71292 date=1479271218
    Well yeah, but who's gonna go through the trouble? ;D
    You would be surprised.

    Comment


      #17
      Re: Guess the Authors

      Well, you got me there.

      Comment


        #18
        Re: Guess the Authors

        I'm going to guess WBDaddy wrote the Harvest Festival.

        Comment


          #19
          Re: Guess the Authors

          Is it wrong that I'm laughing that of all the PMed guesses I've received no one has guessed the correct two story author yet?

          Comment


            #20
            Re: Guess the Authors

            Originally posted by Renko Yanagi link=topic=7049.msg71333#msg71333 date=1479407797
            Is it wrong that I'm laughing that of all the PMed guesses I've received no one has guessed the correct two story author yet?
            Not wrong at all. You should enjoy the contest too.
            I plead a 5th.

            Comment


              #21
              Re: Guess the Authors

              Well, while there's guessing going on, my story is in part a tribute to an author whose work I like, and in particular a work I'm rather taken with.

              Since this isn't an easy one, I'll even offer a tenth of whatever prize I may get to the first to get it (I haven't voted, so I don't know how I'm doing yet). In order to win, you need to correctly guess both the author and specific work, and before the reveals of who wrote what. If it isn't guessed before the reveals, I may or may not post publicly the correct answer. You aren't technically required to guess which story is mine, but you're really looking for a needle in a haystack if you don't.

              One caveat on collection: I'm not giving out the information as to who I am, so Renko has to be willing to handle payment directly, or you get it as a donation to keep the board running in your name.
              Take the buffets of life, work through them, and savor the buffets.
              Story Forum Chat: abdlstoryforum.info/chat.php

              Comment


                #22
                Re: Guess the Authors

                Originally posted by ally link=topic=7049.msg71498#msg71498 date=1479607018
                One caveat on collection: I'm not giving out the information as to who I am, so Renko has to be willing to handle payment directly, or you get it as a donation to keep the board running in your name.
                I have no issues with that if that's what you want and you win


                Comment


                  #23
                  Re: Guess the Authors

                  Thanks Renko. I wasn't going to volunteer you to make two payments in place of one - or even one in place of none.

                  Good luck, everyone!
                  Take the buffets of life, work through them, and savor the buffets.
                  Story Forum Chat: abdlstoryforum.info/chat.php

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Re: Guess the Authors

                    So, just wanted to give you folks a laugh: 38 PMs with guesses so far, and only one person has got who wrote two stories right. I'd be worried if they hadn't though as it was the author who wrote them

                    So far that person is also the one who has come closest to correctly guessing the other authors correctly.

                    Interestingly enough though? 21 of the others have correctly guessed which two were by the same author, they just got who the author of them was wrong

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Re: Guess the Authors

                      Originally posted by Renko Yanagi link=topic=7049.msg71533#msg71533 date=1479694503
                      So, just wanted to give you folks a laugh: 38 PMs with guesses so far, and only one person has got who wrote two stories right. I'd be worried if they hadn't though as it was the author who wrote them

                      So far that person is also the one who has come closest to correctly guessing the other authors correctly.

                      Interestingly enough though? 21 of the others have correctly guessed which two were by the same author, they just got who the author of them was wrong
                      But you told us someone guessed all the authors correctly except who wrote two. ???

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Re: Guess the Authors

                        Originally posted by WBDaddy link=topic=7049.msg71537#msg71537 date=1479707311
                        But you told us someone guessed all the authors correctly except who wrote two. ???
                        Scroll back up and read the edit to that post.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Re: Guess the Authors

                          "I see," said the blind man.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Re: Guess the Authors

                            Oh - and I was dead on correct - I didn't have a hope in hell of winning with my entry, just because of what it was.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Re: Guess the Authors

                              So many PMs, not many public guesses. I think ally's offer scared off a few. Keeping their knowledge for themselves…
                              Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Re: Guess the Authors

                                I suppose… though I don't think it would be all that unfair for Renko to guess too. If you don't already know the work, your chances of figuring it out correctly are slim indeed, so you might as well give someone else a chance at it. And that's enough on the hints.

                                BTW, I haven't gotten any PMs on it yet either, so the field is still wide open.
                                Take the buffets of life, work through them, and savor the buffets.
                                Story Forum Chat: abdlstoryforum.info/chat.php

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X