Guess the Authors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guess the Authors

Originally posted by WBDaddy link=topic=7049.msg71292#msg71292 date=1479271218
    Well yeah, but who's gonna go through the trouble? ;D
    You would be surprised.

Comment

Well, you got me there.

Comment

I'm going to guess WBDaddy wrote the Harvest Festival.

Comment

Is it wrong that I'm laughing that of all the PMed guesses I've received no one has guessed the correct two story author yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Renko Yanagi link=topic=7049.msg71333#msg71333 date=1479407797
            Is it wrong that I'm laughing that of all the PMed guesses I've received no one has guessed the correct two story author yet?
            Not wrong at all. You should enjoy the contest too.
            I plead a 5th.

Comment

Well, while there's guessing going on, my story is in part a tribute to an author whose work I like, and in particular a work I'm rather taken with.

Since this isn't an easy one, I'll even offer a tenth of whatever prize I may get to the first to get it (I haven't voted, so I don't know how I'm doing yet). In order to win, you need to correctly guess both the author and specific work, and before the reveals of who wrote what. If it isn't guessed before the reveals, I may or may not post publicly the correct answer. You aren't technically required to guess which story is mine, but you're really looking for a needle in a haystack if you don't.

One caveat on collection: I'm not giving out the information as to who I am, so Renko has to be willing to handle payment directly, or you get it as a donation to keep the board running in your name.
              Take the buffets of life, work through them, and savor the buffets.
              Story Forum Chat: abdlstoryforum.info/chat.php

Comment

Originally posted by ally link=topic=7049.msg71498#msg71498 date=1479607018
                One caveat on collection: I'm not giving out the information as to who I am, so Renko has to be willing to handle payment directly, or you get it as a donation to keep the board running in your name.
                I have no issues with that if that's what you want and you win

Comment

Thanks Renko. I wasn't going to volunteer you to make two payments in place of one - or even one in place of none.

Good luck, everyone!

Comment

So, just wanted to give you folks a laugh: 38 PMs with guesses so far, and only one person has got who wrote two stories right. I'd be worried if they hadn't though as it was the author who wrote them

So far that person is also the one who has come closest to correctly guessing the other authors correctly.

Interestingly enough though? 21 of the others have correctly guessed which two were by the same author, they just got who the author of them was wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Renko Yanagi link=topic=7049.msg71533#msg71533 date=1479694503
                      So, just wanted to give you folks a laugh: 38 PMs with guesses so far, and only one person has got who wrote two stories right. I'd be worried if they hadn't though as it was the author who wrote them

So far that person is also the one who has come closest to correctly guessing the other authors correctly.

Interestingly enough though? 21 of the others have correctly guessed which two were by the same author, they just got who the author of them was wrong
                      But you told us someone guessed all the authors correctly except who wrote two. ???

Comment

Originally posted by WBDaddy link=topic=7049.msg71537#msg71537 date=1479707311
                        But you told us someone guessed all the authors correctly except who wrote two. ???
                        Scroll back up and read the edit to that post.

Comment

"I see," said the blind man.

Comment

Oh - and I was dead on correct - I didn't have a hope in hell of winning with my entry, just because of what it was.

Comment

So many PMs, not many public guesses. I think ally's offer scared off a few. Keeping their knowledge for themselves…
                              Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Comment

I suppose… though I don't think it would be all that unfair for Renko to guess too. If you don't already know the work, your chances of figuring it out correctly are slim indeed, so you might as well give someone else a chance at it. And that's enough on the hints.

BTW, I haven't gotten any PMs on it yet either, so the field is still wide open.

Comment

Working...
                                X