Guess the Authors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guess the Authors

Originally posted by TheOneWhoSees link=topic=7049.msg71542#msg71542 date=1479707834
    So many PMs, not many public guesses. I think ally's offer scared off a few. Keeping their knowledge for themselves…
    I've actually been encouraging the non-author's to post their guesses in the thread, not sure why they're not to be honest :/

And btw, if you're worried about how your stories are doing, check the current results if you've already voted. A bunch of votes came in during the last two hours

Comment

Michael Bay

Comment

Originally posted by Nether Void link=topic=7049.msg71552#msg71552 date=1479767175
        Michael Bay
        Not even remotely funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Renko Yanagi link=topic=7049.msg71551#msg71551 date=1479760843
          A bunch of votes came in during the last two hours
          I've noticed. Quite a shake-up in the top 5.

Comment

I am biting my fingernails.

Comment

Originally posted by Write And Left link=topic=7049.msg71556#msg71556 date=1479769364
              I am biting my fingernails.
              Me too. And last night, I really didn't expect to be doing that.

12 days until voting closes…

Comment

Ack, I wanna post all kinds of nonsense, but I have to sit back and wait.

I'm glad to see one of my personal favorites doing well. And that's nice, 'cause things I like usually don't register well with the majority. (notice how I'm on this site in the first place. )

Originally posted by WBDaddy link=topic=7049.msg71541#msg71541 date=1479707511
                Oh - and I was dead on correct - I didn't have a hope in hell of winning with my entry, just because of what it was.
                I'm beginning to second guess my guess on yours.

If such is the case, then you've really pulled the wool over my eyes. I thought I had you nailed.
                You sly dog…
                I plead a 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by Vearynope link=topic=7049.msg71562#msg71562 date=1479777265
                  you've really pulled the wool over my eyes.
                  That was the goal. ;D

Comment

Not even remotely funny?

Hmmm, now that I think about it, exploding diapers are not funny.

Comment

Ones I feel decent about:

The Harvest Festival -- WBDaddy
                      The Fourth Roommate -- Write and Left

Less decent but still think so:

Mike and Sally -- WBDaddy

Comment

Originally posted by ShinraS link=topic=7049.msg71620#msg71620 date=1480041618
                        Ones I feel decent about:

The Harvest Festival -- WBDaddy
                        The Fourth Roommate -- Write and Left

Less decent but still think so:

Mike and Sally -- WBDaddy
                        I'll admit I haven't been actively searching for over a week now - Too busy - so I'm not claiming to have overcome my own blind spots (mainly that I'm a picky reader who hasn't read most of these authors' more popular works).

The Fourth Roommate does seem like something Write and Left would write, but so does Redeeming Clara.

I think you might be right about The Harvest Festival but I don't see Mike and Sally fitting cleanly with anyone I'm familiar with (maybe Cute Kitten? Although I also suspect she wrote The Witch's Brew).

Don't know where to go from here.
                        Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Comment

It is my guess that Sasha Butters wrote The New Wing. WBDaddy or Elibeanwrote Baby Ward Babyward.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneWhoSees link=topic=7049.msg71628#msg71628 date=1480055535
                            I'll admit I haven't been actively searching for over a week now - Too busy - so I'm not claiming to have overcome my own blind spots (mainly that I'm a picky reader who hasn't read most of these authors' more popular works).

The Fourth Roommate does seem like something Write and Left would write, but so does Redeeming Clara.

I think you might be right about The Harvest Festival but I don't see Mike and Sally fitting cleanly with anyone I'm familiar with (maybe Cute Kitten? Although I also suspect she wrote The Witch's Brew).

Don't know where to go from here.
                            Interesting that you say that about The Witch's Brew. I had similar suspicions.

Mike and Sally I'm not anywhere near sure, just kind of a hunch.

Comment

*Munches popcorn*

Highly entertaining, this is. Shame more people haven't gotten involved in the guessing.

Comment

*Starts another cauldron full*

*Reaches into WBDaddy's bowl*

You can have some of mine when it's done.

I think part of the problem with lack of guessing, as I mentioned earlier, is that "active posters" and "authors" is a mostly overlapping group.

Oh, by the way, I thought you all might complain if I opened my offer to Renko, but if the show doesn't continue here, I will specifically do so…
                                Take the buffets of life, work through them, and savor the buffets.
                                Story Forum Chat: abdlstoryforum.info/chat.php

Comment

Working...
                                X