Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guess the Authors

Originally posted by Vearynope
    I would have had trouble guessing you and Selv14, just because they didn't have any other stories.
    But once you posted the first chapter of curiosity; I knew exactly which was yours.
    Interesting. For you it made it abundantly clear which one was mine, but apparently for others it was a red herring to post Curiosity. I'm glad you liked it so much.

…Males are almost exclusively the protagonists, often sissy or regressed into such a state. If a female character is written, it's often in name only.
    For whatever reason, I have a hard time reading any of that. Not a problem with male MCs so much as the sissification. I did read Mike and Sally, but only once. While it was a well-written story, it had no chance of a vote from me just because of that issue. Nor is my disinterest in sissification limited to male MCs - while I started reading The Tomboy (from the recent story request) to see what it might do, I gave up pretty quickly because of where I saw it going.

Maybe an unbiased read is needed to properly judge a story, but there is always the weighing of the chances of disliking the story and feeling it was a waste of time to read or worse. I'm probably the worst offender in this case. I don't think I'm following more than a third of the front page stories at most.
    Take the buffets of life, work through them, and savor the buffets.
    Story Forum Chat: abdlstoryforum.info/chat.php

Comment

Originally posted by ally link=topic=7049.msg71848#msg71848 date=1480812318
      … I don't think I'm following more than a third of the front page stories at most.
      If you're following even a third you're following more than a lot of people.

And odd thing about the stories in the contest: 8 of the top 20 most read stories in November are entries, and 4 of them are currently the top 5 for December.

Comment

Originally posted by WBDaddy link=topic=7049.msg71844#msg71844 date=1480796864
        Hints: Why does this thread exist? How does that relate to Halloween as an overarching theme?
        I love me a good costume party with people trying to guess who is in which costume. It's just a really long party

And with regards to how many have guessed correctly which is yours I would need to know who else knows to give an accurate answer to that one. I'm amazed how many guesses are for an author who didn't even submit a story there are for it LOL! Seriously, people actually think I lied about there only being 10 authors for some bizarre reason…

Comment

Originally posted by Renko Yanagi link=topic=7049.msg71849#msg71849 date=1480813034
          If you're following even a third you're following more than a lot of people.
          Dear Santa,

For Christmas, could I please have an eighth day per week, just to keep up with all the stories here, and catch up on the ones I missed?

I plead a 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by Vearynope link=topic=7049.msg71851#msg71851 date=1480814609
            Dear Santa,

For Christmas, could I please have an eighth day per week, just to keep up with all the stories here, and catch up on the ones I missed?

Well that's better than asking Santa Renko for, and I quote "A way to have all new story chapters sent directly to my Kindle every day at 1:00am board time"

Comment

More than a lot of people because they are picky, or just because they haven't been reading at all? Without considering the ones I didn't really read, there are 33 with unread posts, and only fourteen that I've nominally read.
              Take the buffets of life, work through them, and savor the buffets.
              Story Forum Chat: abdlstoryforum.info/chat.php

Comment

Originally posted by Renko Yanagi link=topic=7049.msg71852#msg71852 date=1480814811
                Well that's better than asking Santa Renko for, and I quote "A way to have all new story chapters sent directly to my Kindle every day at 1:00am board time"
                You are kidding

Comment

Originally posted by ally link=topic=7049.msg71853#msg71853 date=1480815244
                  More than a lot of people because they are picky, or just because they haven't been reading at all? Without considering the ones I didn't really read, there are 33 with unread posts, and only fourteen that I've nominally read.
                  A bit of both I would imagine. Remember that about 80% of the story views are guests so it's hard to get feedback from them

Originally posted by Write And Left link=topic=7049.msg71854#msg71854 date=1480815272
                  You are kidding
                  I really wish I was.

The implementation details vary from "make them downloadable" to "send them directly to my Kindle using my @free.kindle.com address at $time" but yeah I seriously get regular requests from people wanting to know if I could implement a way to get them as .mobi (Kindle format), .epub (for iBooks and other readers), and .pdf versions.

If it wasn't insanely complicated to filter out just the story posts vs. comment replies from the author I could do it actually.

That reminds me authors: Keep an eye on your PM inboxes after the reveal. There will be a question in them I want to know your opinion on that is related to this

Comment

Originally posted by Vearynope link=topic=7049.msg71843#msg71843 date=1480796627
                    What you did was write a technically solid story, properly edited and polished, but picked filled it content that wouldn't win a single vote from this site's 'good author' set. You pitted 'us' against the anonymous mob of one-handers whom would enjoy such a story.
                    Holy shit, I was right with my Mike and Sally guess? I voted for it, but did so mostly because of its technical quality. I wonder where I fall…

Comment

Mike and Sally was well written. I'll admit that the male protagonist, sissyfication, and overt BDSM themes turned me off about a sixth of the way in at the latest. I'm a fan of BDSM just not the more overt physical aspects of it. I've gotten past male MCs before (The Girl of My Dreams and Witch's Brew are among my top favorite stories) but sissyfication has never really done it for me in even its softer forms.
                      Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Comment

Originally posted by ShinraS link=topic=7049.msg71857#msg71857 date=1480818532
                        Holy shit, I was right with my Mike and Sally guess? I voted for it, but did so mostly because of its technical quality. I wonder where I fall…
                        I can neither confirm nor deny the accuracy of any guesses currently posted publicly. Privately only for authors. And for the authors who did submit guesses privately, you can post your original guesses after the reveal if you want. I kept a copy of them if you need them

Comment

Originally posted by Renko Yanagi link=topic=7049.msg71856#msg71856 date=1480815868

If it wasn't insanely complicated to filter out just the story posts vs. comment replies from the author I could do it actually.
                          Please don't as I may want to make kindle versions of my own stories to sell for money.

Comment

Originally posted by Write And Left link=topic=7049.msg71877#msg71877 date=1480830820
                            Please don't as I may want to make kindle versions of my own stories to sell for money.
                            The implementation details vary from "make them downloadable" to "send them directly to my Kindle using my @free.kindle.com address at $time" but yeah I seriously get regular requests from people wanting to know if I could implement a way to get them as .mobi (Kindle format), .epub (for iBooks and other readers), and .pdf versions.
                            Note the part in bold. If I was going to do it, don't you think I would have by now…

Comment

I'm not sure if this has been asked yet but did you post the story from the deceased author?
                              Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Comment

"On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." -- Charles Babbage

Or to put it another way: Every author who had a story posted has posted at least twice since I asked about the possibility of posting that story… so no. More accurately, it was, but literally just minutes after I posted it I got an email from the family asking me not to post it so it was removed.

(I seriously almost posted just the Charles Babbage quote in response but decided that would be a bit mean.)

Comment

Working...
                                X