Announcement

Collapse

Update Completed

We just completed a major update. If you see any issues please report them via the Tech Help forum. If you are not able to login to your account, please use the contact us link in the footer.
See more
See less

My writing is "too sexual"?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My writing is "too sexual"?????

So I have a question for y'all. Especially those who have followed me for some time.

There is a certain publication that I contacted to ask about writing a story for them and then in return ask if they would also publish my Patreon address. A pretty standard practice really.

BUT, said publication's editor wrote back to me, denying the request and stating we write for "different audiences". When I questioned what audience she thinks I write for, seeing as my stories are very like those she publishes, she told me my stories are too sexual.

....... WHAT?

My stories have always avoided having any sexual depiction, as those of you who know my writing SHOULD know....?? I remember mentions in the past about how my stories are "sweet" and devoid of any of that. So I am asking ... has anyone noticed some sort of changeover in my writing to sexual?? I'm flummoxed and frankly I am insulted.

While I haven't read most of your stories, from what I have read the idea that they're sexual at all is baffling.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Comment

I have read a few of your stories. Nope nothing sexual

Comment

If your stories are sexual, then dear lord, some of the stuff on here would be so sexual in nature no one would be old enough to read it O-o

Comment

I'll put it this way your stories are asexual that a 70 year old Nun from the Congo wouldn't find anything objectionable in them. It's pretty much why I'm a patron.

Comment

Originally posted by BrownOwl View Post
            I'll put it this way your stories are asexual that a 70 year old Nun from the Congo wouldn't find anything objectionable in them. It's pretty much why I'm a patron.
            Thank you for that. :-) Got hit with a huge car repair bill. I was able to get it down some but it is still pretty high.

Comment

Best I can figure out is that she must have read, "A Date With Nikita". https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/spar...-t3404071.html It ALLUDES to petting I suppose. Not really overtly sexual though.

I suppose it could have been worse. She could have read "Diary Of A Madman", which includes a school shooting scene (written years ago, not recently), which is by far the darkest thing I ever wrote.

Possibly when she asked for a writing sample I should have just copied and pasted something rather than send an entire portfolio link without guidance. Too bad she didn't see a Sakura or One Of The Family story first.

Still, she has a regular section for one "sissy" writer in particular, and I've seen that page ..... talk about sexual! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kita Sparkles View Post
                Best I can figure out is that she must have read, "A Date With Nikita". https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/spar...-t3404071.html It ALLUDES to petting I suppose. Not really overtly sexual though.

I suppose it could have been worse. She could have read "Diary Of A Madman", which includes a school shooting scene (written years ago, not recently), which is by far the darkest thing I ever wrote.

Possibly when she asked for a writing sample I should have just copied and pasted something rather than send an entire portfolio link without guidance. Too bad she didn't see a Sakura or One Of The Family story first.

Still, she has a regular section for one "sissy" writer in particular, and I've seen that page ..... talk about sexual! lol
                One of the family could be taken the wrong way by some people as well... Not saying they're right but in today's climate. Meh. But then again I hated one of the main characters so take that with a grain of salt I don't think it was Nikita maybe that's oversexualized if you're Amish

Comment

Could it simply be that the publisher doesn't want to touch "us" with a ten foot pole, and that they just don't want to come out and say that?

You say they have "similar"audiences based on what else they've published; but what we may see as similar, they may want to keep at as far a distance as possible.

Just my two cyinical cents.
                  The voices in my head got weirded-out and left long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BrownOwl View Post

But then again I hated one of the main characters so take that with a grain of salt
                    LOL Which one? Chelsea?

Comment

Originally posted by Vearynope View Post
                      Could it simply be that the publisher doesn't want to touch "us" with a ten foot pole, and that they just don't want to come out and say that?

You say they have "similar"audiences based on what else they've published; but what we may see as similar, they may want to keep at as far a distance as possible.

Just my two cyinical cents.
                      Well, since it is an ABDL publication, that would be pretty unlikely.

Comment

LOL Which one? Chelsea?
                        Yes, I also thought Pam deserved far more karmic retribution then she actually got.

Comment

I've never seen anything sexual in your writing and I absolutelyLOVE your writing.
                          There was a time when everything much simpler. I like to take a vacation from being grown up and revisit that place.

Comment

Well, since it is an ABDL publication, that would be pretty unlikely.
                            I was going to say that being ABDL makes it sexual, but since it's another ABDL site, then no, your stories aren't sexual. I consider anything I write on this site as sexual, but that is because I consider ABDL and wetting to be sexual.

Comment

I haven't read any of your stories in years. Perhaps that person as a fetish for trans or cross dressers? You can't control what people find sexual lol.

I also recall you writing fairy tales diaper version and perhaps that person has a fetish for diapers so they found it sexual.

Just imagine if someone had a fetish for spankings so they were reading a normal story and they thought the author put a sexual part in their story just because a parent spanked their child or the story took place in the old times and the man decides to spank his wife because back then men were allowed to hit their wives to discipline them, I suppose that person would find it sexual.
                              It's easier to use a toilet than a diaper.... Those things are high maintenance. Gotta change, take care of the skin, insure proper hydration so you don't stink

Nope. Those who go 24/7 aren't lazy at all. It's lazier to be a toilet slave! Hah!!

user on Dailydiapers

Comment

Working...
                              X