Announcement

Collapse

Update Completed

We just completed a major update. If you see any issues please report them via the Tech Help forum. If you are not able to login to your account, please use the contact us link in the footer.
See more
See less

15 years!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15 years!

While talking to Ally earlier, it occurred to me that this Summer marks our 15 year anniversary since me and WingZ started this board on Network54 back in 2003! We should have a celebration!

And I'm gonna ask if you have been around since then, give us a shout out! I don't THINK I am the only one left.....

I am an original writer. Back when whenever we got shut down, we had to check the wetset board to find out where we moved to.

Comment

*raises her hand* I started out as a lurker way back when. Well, not quite a lurker- my first post was back in the early 2000's. That story was an abomination LOL!
      Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Comment

Lol i was a lurker back then as well lurked for about four years or so

Comment

Originally posted by Cute-Kitten View Post
          *raises her hand* I started out as a lurker way back when. Well, not quite a lurker- my first post was back in the early 2000's. That story was an abomination LOL!
          Is it still here? Please tell me it's still here.

Seriously though, I can't claim the seniority of the other people here. I've only been a member for five years (plus a couple of years of lurking before that.)
          Whenever you're holding all the cards, why does everyone else turn out to be playing chess?

Comment

Hmm. You came in during my Dark Ages, Gummybear.

You probably have no idea who I even am. :: Giggle :: Several here might actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummybear View Post

Is it still here? Please tell me it's still here.

Seriously though, I can't claim the seniority of the other people here. I've only been a member for five years (plus a couple of years of lurking before that.)
              Yes, it's still up. xD
              Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Comment

I'll give you all a hands up. 15 years congrats

Comment

I don't know if it was 15 years ago but I remember reading the the Geek and the Cheerleader and the squeal by WingZ on a diaper story forum that I was a lurker on that was run by you KIta and WingZ. Man that was a good story. However, there is no way that was 15 years ago. I am not that old he he.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman

Comment

I have been around since 2005, although other than one off topic war thread I've notbeen very active. I do enjoy reading though.
                    There was a time when everything much simpler. I like to take a vacation from being grown up and revisit that place.

Comment

*does math*

Holy crap! I’ve been hosting the site longer than your other hosts combined as I’ve officially been hosting it for 9 years now O_o!

Comment

here's a question should we maybe do a Story Hall of Fame or something to celebrate

Comment

That's a thought! Although we're going to have a time trying to decide who and what goes in it. And some of the folks are not among us anymore - or even among the living. Pretty sure Babybutt is gone now ... Elizabeth is now known as "Princess Pottypants" and if she doesn't have yet ANOTHER hidden alias, she is no longer visiting here. WingZ ... does he still log in, Clawdia? Granted I have taken long absences myself.... Haven't seen Ken in forever and I thought it was implied once that he had a heart attack.

And I would like to see some memorializing of James, who was the predecessor. He started a Bravenet forum - WAYYYY back - for the writer (since I don't know what name he goes by now I won't hazard a guess) of Ashley's Diaper Adventures. Seems he got a lot of flack for that story because of the underage character (even though there is no sex in it whatsoever), and no other site would let him post. Of course now the story is held up as what NOT to do, because it is "generic" ..... but keep in mind, it was the original. All those stories we call generic today are mere copies of that one. It wasn't generic when he wrote it. lol

James' Bravenet Board had major problems. There were a few that would get on there and troll, and he refused to put a stop to it. And after every 250 posts, the oldest ones would fall off the end, never to be seen again! Your posted story had about a week shelf life there! James would not listen to protest from myself and others. So, when it crashed, I contacted WingZ and proposed that we could do a better job with a different host. He said he had been thinking the same thing, and between us we had the contacts for most of the Bravenet writers, so we made Network54 and invited them over. Everyone loved it and the kingdom was happy!

Okay so it is dramatic. I AM a writer.

Comment

Originally posted by Kita Sparkles View Post
                            That's a thought! Although we're going to have a time trying to decide who and what goes in it. And some of the folks are not among us anymore - or even among the living. Pretty sure Babybutt is gone now ... Elizabeth is now known as "Princess Pottypants" and if she doesn't have yet ANOTHER hidden alias, she is no longer visiting here. WingZ ... does he still log in, Clawdia? Granted I have taken long absences myself.... Haven't seen Ken in forever and I thought it was implied once that he had a heart attack.

And I would like to see some memorializing of James, who was the predecessor. He started a Bravenet forum - WAYYYY back - for the writer (since I don't know what name he goes by now I won't hazard a guess) of Ashley's Diaper Adventures. Seems he got a lot of flack for that story because of the underage character (even though there is no sex in it whatsoever), and no other site would let him post. Of course now the story is held up as what NOT to do, because it is "generic" ..... but keep in mind, it was the original. All those stories we call generic today are mere copies of that one. It wasn't generic when he wrote it. lol

James' Bravenet Board had major problems. There were a few that would get on there and troll, and he refused to put a stop to it. And after every 250 posts, the oldest ones would fall off the end, never to be seen again! Your posted story had about a week shelf life there! James would not listen to protest from myself and others. So, when it crashed, I contacted WingZ and proposed that we could do a better job with a different host. He said he had been thinking the same thing, and between us we had the contacts for most of the Bravenet writers, so we made Network54 and invited them over. Everyone loved it and the kingdom was happy!

Okay so it is dramatic. I AM a writer.
                            Ah yes I James Bravenetboard where I read Ashley's Diaper Adventures. His attempt at a sequel to that story. Then there was his story about Michelle from Full House going back into diapers because of his idea she wore them on the show well after she was supposed to be potty trained. You were right that place did have a lot of problems.
                            Last edited by Spiderman; 07-27-2018, 04:25:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kita Sparkles View Post
                              Wingz last signed in on June 28th, 2018, but his last post was in January of 2017. Ken's last login must have been from the SMF days as there isn't a Last Activity timestamp for his account at all.

And yeah, Elizabeth isn't visiting unless it's a well hidden name because she wouldn't even be able to sign in without contacting me to get a new password because someone made a really good effort to hack her account a few years ago so an automated block was put in place and her password was changed to a 256 character password that not even I know. The script that locks out hacked accounts just generates and sets a random password then immediately forgets it

And yeah, I'm pretty sure BabyButt is no longer with us. None of the contact information I had for him -- including a few alternate people to contact -- work now.

Comment

Working...
                              X