Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to view new posts since last visit?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to view new posts since last visit?

Does the new version of the board have an easy way to just view new posts since my last visit? Here's what I've tried already:

- I clicked "New Topics" at the top of the page, but I get a list of 246 results and clicking on "Go to first new post" next to a topic subject takes me to posts within the topic from October 2017. The list also doesn't show me anything more recent than March 28, 2018, even though I know there have been posts since then. (I should also say my profile page does show the correct date and time for the forum.)

- I tried "Latest Activity" at the top of the forums section, but that gives me a list of individual posts, rather than topics with new posts, and the posts don't seem to be in any particular order (the first four posts are from April 3, April 1, April 3, and April 4 in that order).

Am I missing another place to just look at most recent posts, or posts made since I was last on the board? (Just to be clear, I'm not asking for a new function to be added or fixed or anything, I'm just inquiring to make sure there isn't a button somewhere that I'm just not seeing. If there's not, I'll just deal with it.)

Be gentle. Thanks,

Peter Rabbit

You'll need to mark everything as read at least once either in the individual forums, or on the home page using the "Mark Channels Read" link at the bottom of the page. It's a side effect of the upgrade. The read state as it is tracked in the database changed formats and the old data wasn't imported so everything newer than 180 days (except what you've already viewed post upgrade) is marked as new.

Comment

- I tried "Latest Activity" at the top of the forums section, but that gives me a list of individual posts, rather than topics with new posts, and the posts don't seem to be in any particular order (the first four posts are from April 3, April 1, April 3, and April 4 in that order).
      Last Activity means any activity that changes a post, including edits. So if a post is edited on the 3rd, but posted on the first, it will show up before a post made on the 2nd if the post made on the 2nd hasn't had anything else done to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ClawdiaWolf View Post
        You'll need to mark everything as read at least once either in the individual forums, or on the home page using the "Mark Channels Read" link at the bottom of the page. It's a side effect of the upgrade. The read state as it is tracked in the database changed formats and the old data wasn't imported so everything newer than 180 days (except what you've already viewed post upgrade) is marked as new.
        That's helpful, thanks.
        Be gentle. Thanks,

Peter Rabbit

Comment

Working...
        X