accessibility no longer works with this site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

accessibility no longer works with this site

Hello. This site used to be relatively easy to get around with adaptive software but ever since a major change seemed to be made, it's nearly impossible to navigate the site if you're blind or visually impaired. There's no longer a search function that I can tell to search for stories and content is no longer browsable by headers like it used to be. I wonder what happened and why these changes were made in the first place/ Was it an issue of security perhaps? Thanks for the help if possible. I have read a lot of good stories on this site and I hope to be able to continue to be able to access content in an efficient method.

You're going to have to give me a lot more information to work with because I know of at least 6 other users who are using assertive tech for low vision/blind individuals. What OS and programs are you using? If I know that I may be able to figure out why they aren't working for you.

As for the search function there is one, and it's properly tagged for screen readers to recognize it as such.

Unfortunately, yes, the changes were a necessary security update.

Comment

Hello. I think I finaly figured out the search function so thanks for the reply. I'm currently using the latest version of jaws, windows 10 and firefox to navigate.

Comment

Working...
      X