Exchanged - Diaper Dimension - Epilogue - Added 2-17-2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Exchanged - Diaper Dimension - Chapter 30 - Added 3-23-2018

Hey Kerry. I posted and deleted a snippy response to that. Sorry if you saw it.

This comment upset me not because we disagree, or because its arguments are necessarily wrong, but because it extended to explaining why my personal reaction to the text was invalid. At the very least, I can guarantee I'm not repeating college creative writing lessons, because I never took them. Please be careful with "You".

I'm not interested in arguing point-by-point. Frankly, it feels like you're talking to a scarecrow. (Pause a second. See how dangerous those "yous" are?) All I know is, there have been long stretches where I've been kinda distracted and semi-bored in this story, not disliking anything in particular but asking myself "Are we there yet?" and "Why am I reading about X, Y, and Z". Now that we're onboard the HMS Plot I'm excited and having fun.

This is my feedback without a prescription.
    Last edited by donbiki; 03-24-2018, 03:38:49 PM.
    My stories: But somehow, I was still twelve years old
    Current: But somehow, there were still twelve days till Christmas

Comment

You're lucky only staff can see your original reply, because if you hadn't deleted it, I would have been only too happy to reply to it and say something that has been said more than once to me via the contact form and PM, donbiki. In fact it's one of the reasons I made it so only people I add as contacts can contact me.

Comment

Hm? Oh, I hope you didn't take it as aggressive as that, if I'm imagining the right response.

99% of people are nice people. But if you search for not-nice people, you'll live surrounded by them. It's one of those tricky life paradoxes.
        Last edited by donbiki; 03-24-2018, 03:55:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by donbiki View Post
          Lots of names for Stacey's nestmates, but I didn't mind. You introduced them such that I didn't think you expected me to remember them. If you did want me to remember, I won't though.

That's my core criticism of the past 150k~ words. I recommend you leave more on the cutting room floor. If you're loathe to cut, consider moving setup until more shortly before it's needed. The details of Amanda's family structure, for instance. That was detailed at length, but has gone nowhere so far.

I'm terrible with names, so you're right in that I don't expect you to remember them all. I can remember many times in my past being in such a circle at an event and feeling overwhelmed with names... Pretty much went for that! Many of these girls will be back and you will have a chance to lock their names in better when they do. Otherwise some of them will be the background extras in the cast that you'll just barely notice!

With the criticism I don't disagree. Sorry that it seems to have sparked a bit of a disagreement there. I have a pretty thick skin, so I'm not one to take it personally. Down the road what I envision is this being probably three separate novels that I've written/writing so far. The first would go through Stacy settling in with the nanites and crazy family. The second would probably encompass the scheduling and Bella arc. The third is what we're on now... Down the road if I get that far I may very well end up cutting stuff as you mention. It's one of the dangers of releasing a work as a serial - I think inherently there has to be a good amount of editing when you finish if you're not abandoning it.

Comment

Originally posted by kerry View Post
            Of course you should keep posting. This is the best DD story I have ever read; I'd hate to lose it.
            Thanks for the comments Kerry, I appreciate them!

I'll be posting another chapter in a while. I'm going to try and give it enough time to not have the posts merge. If someone else comments I'll put it up after that.

Comment

The merge timeout is pretty low, 30 seconds if I remember right, I'd have to check. But on the other hand as I'm writing this I'm about to start the upgrade that needs to be done so the one in April will be possible so it's safer to wait until after that is done. There will be an announcement at the top of all the forums when it's done

Comment

Originally posted by ClawdiaWolf View Post
                But on the other hand as I'm writing this I'm about to start the upgrade that needs to be done so the one in April will be possible so it's safer to wait until after that is done. There will be an announcement at the top of all the forums when it's done
                Thanks for warning me... I'd forgotten about that! Good luck!

Comment

Chapter 31:

I WOKE UP the next morning to a camera flash and the slow realization that I was being held. As I became more aware I realized that I was serving as a teddy bear for Bella who hadn’t apparently become aware of the attention yet. I looked up at Amanda and said, “Do you have to take pictures all of the time?”

“No, just when there’s an adorable moment,” Amanda said smiling down at me.

“What…?” I heard behind me as Bella stirred. “Let me sleep in…”

“I need you to let your sister go Bella, she has to get ready for her day and so do you!” Amanda said as she reached down and lightly tickled Bella’s side.

“Stop it!” she whined while I made my escape.

I noticed that I really needed to pee and let it go into the dry diaper while Amanda picked me up. She felt my diaper warming and asked, “needed to go huh?”

“Wish I would just go in my sleep and not think about it,” I admitted to her.

She squeezed me and said, “can you wait until after breakfast for a change?”

I thought about it for a second and nodded, “yeah.”

Fred came in right then and she passed me to him, “Would you get Stacy going with breakfast? I made some oatmeal and cut up some fruit for her that’s on the table.”

“Sure sweetie,” he told her as he took me and gave me a gentle squeeze.

As he carried me out the door I watched Amanda pick Bella up and moved towards the rocking chair to nurse her. I sighed heavily as he carried me downstairs, “Are you sure you don’t want to just avoid her milk forever Stacy?” He asked as we made it to the bottom step, “I think you might never kick the habit if you start again?”

I shook my head, “Pretty sure… but you’re right, it’s an addiction. Every time I see Bella nursing, see Aman… Mommy pumping, or another little feeding from their mommy… it’s a huge craving.”

“Is it getting easier?” He asked as he gently sat me down in the highchair and began buckling the harness.

I thought for a second and shook my head, “Not really…”

“Hmm… I wonder if there’s something you missed with the nanites? Most littles who escape from their ‘parents’ seem to be able to move on with life without that problem?” he asked as he velcroed a bib onto my neck.

I shrugged, “I don’t know?” and then added, “How active are the nanites still?”

“That would be a Mommy question Stacy, but I think they have to be at least somewhat active still, I’m pretty sure they don’t leave your body completely.”

He put the tray on the highchair, and then he placed the oatmeal, fruit, and coffee on my tray. The spoon sat in the oatmeal and I drank a large gulp of coffee before beginning to carefully eat. I could feel the cloth padding of the cover of the seat on my legs since the onesie I was wearing only covered my diaper. ‘The cereal with Amanda’s milk was better than this…’ I whined in my mind as I took each bite, but kept eating it a spoonful at a time and alternated with the fruit to help with the taste.

Fred read something on a tablet as I ate, so it was quiet enough for me to just think. ‘The nanites… I wonder if they can be programmed still?’ The thought of being able to maybe do something about the side effects of her milk and who knows what else was intriguing. I thought back to the code from the lab and remembered I had managed to get a copy of it onto my own computer. ‘Maybe I can hack my own nanites?’ I thought with a bit of a grin.

“All done?” Amanda interrupted my thoughts as she deposited a sleepy Bella into her highchair. She was dressed in a frilly pink bodysuit outfit with a skirt that hung well above the bottom of the crotch that was snaped shut. The result was that it easily showed off her pink princess diaper to the sides of the flap. Her long hair was just pulled back into a simple ponytail - which made sense with us getting a hair cut.

I gulped the last bit of coffee and nodded, “I guess so.”

“Let’s get you changed then and dressed so we can get going,” she pronounced as she came over to me, pulled the tray off, unbuckled me, and picked me up. “Do you need to use your potty?” she asked.

I thought for a second and shook my head, “not right now?”

“You sure?”

I nodded, “we’ll be able to come home before going to the university later?”

“Yes, we’ll have to drop off your baby sister,” she told me.

I just shook my head at the absurdity of having an older adult, over a foot and half taller than me, being called my baby sister. Upstairs she pulled my wet diaper off and wiped me before asking, “What kind of diaper do you want sweetie?”

“Just a regular Pamper?” I asked, “I don’t need anything thicker… right?”

She shook her head, “No, but I just wanted to make sure you didn’t want a thinner one?”

I shrugged, “All the girls last night saw my diaper and I made no attempt to hide I’m not using the potty with them when one of the girls tried to pick on me.”

“What did she do?” Amanda seemed more than a little bit upset about me being picked on.

“It wasn’t anything big, she just wanted to know why I didn’t have a potty chart…”

“You said?”

“Well actually Madison asked if I needed one… I told her my mommy keeps me in diapers so a potty chart would be kind of pointless…”

Amanda laughed then, “Okay, you handled that well at least.”

I nodded and Amanda and I chatted as she dressed me in my uniform. As she finished she handed me a dark green leather lanyard wallet that my student ID was now in and visible. “When did you buy this?”

“Yesterday while you were in your little seminar,” she said as she quickly pulled my hair out of the braid she had left it in the night before to hang loose around my head. “I can’t wait to have this styled so I can do more with it!” she told me with a smile.

I shrugged, “Just as long as it’s not too short!”

“Don’t worry Stacy, I want to have at least one daughter that I can play with her hair!”

‘One daughter?’ I thought to myself before remembering the plans for shortening Bella’s hair to a short bob. It was sad given how pretty her long hair was!

Soon enough both of us were strapped into our car seats with a pacifier in our mouths and on the road to whatever salon she had chosen. Oddly to me the video screen she had strapped to the seat came to life and a cartoon began showing. “Umm… Mommy? Is this safe?” I asked nervously.

“Yes Stacy, it’s a regular Amazon cartoon with no messages. I did a lot of digging to make sure it was safe…”

“Okay…” I said and found myself watching a cartoon that was a cross between Dora the Explorer and a Disney Princess cartoon. It had some decent production value to it and we were almost done with the episode hitting a cliffhanger when Amanda stopped the car and the video turned off.

“Mommy!” Bella whined, “It was just at the best part!”

Amanda giggled as she came around and unbuckled me first, “It’s okay, it’ll be there when we leave. Let’s go get my two princesses pretty though!”

To my surprise she pulled the pacifier I’d forgotten from my mouth and left it in the car seat while she sat me down on the ground. I followed at a close distance behind her while she went to the other side to grab Bella. While she was messing around with her I looked at the strip mall salon and saw it was named, ‘Little Styles for Big Lives.’

“Come on Princess,” Amanda called to me when she had our diaper bag over one shoulder and carried Bella on her other hip.

‘Why isn’t she carrying me?’ I wondered a little as I ran after her. ‘I wonder what it’s going to be like to go for a girls haircut?’

As she pushed the door open a happy electronic chime sounded. “Welcome to Little Styles!” A plump amazon woman said as we walked in.

“I have an appointment for my two little girls?” Amanda told her.

“Absolutely, what’s the last name?”

“Westerfield.”

“Okay then, I’ve got you down and we should have both of your stylists ready to go here. Why don’t you wait over there and we’ll call you back in a sec. I’ll make sure they put you in adjoining chairs!”

“Thanks!” Amanda said and carried us over to some chairs next to your typical waiting area where small children were involved. A lot of baby toys sat inside a fenced play area while magazines covered a table in front of some chairs. Amanda sat down with Bella still in her arms and I climbed into the chair next to her.

‘This is weird…’ I thought to myself. ‘Why is she making me walk and basically ignoring babying me?’ There was no doubt I was feeling jealous of Bella getting to get carried. As we sat down Bella was given a bottle in exchange for her pacifier and I just had to sit there hoping I wouldn’t go stir crazy. Amanda surprised me by handing me my phone, which made me smile. I began looking around my apps and e-mail.

‘I should reply to Dean Sanders and Mrs. Walters,’ and began quick, but professional sounding, replies to both of them thanking Dean Sanders and letting Mrs. Walters know I would be coming as suggested. I had just hit send on my e-mail to Mrs. Walters when I heard, “Westerfield?”

A tall Amazon woman and a much shorter in-betweener man stood by the desk waiting for us. I hopped down while Amanda pulled Bella’s bottle from her mouth, replaced it with her pacifier, and followed them back. “I’ll take care of your little one,” the Amazon woman said and I expected her to take me, but instead she took Bella and sat her in a weird stylist chair that had a harness and spots to tie down your arms and legs.

“And I’ll work on you sweetie,” the betweener said, “I’m Alex,” with a very effeminate voice.

‘Talk about living down to your stereotypes,’ I nearly giggled, but appreciated someone slightly closer to my size. He directed me to a chair that was next to the other booth. This one seemed to be more like a regular salon chair back home. It was probably sized for a little still, which meant I was a bit small for it still, but other than that it seemed to be normal. “I’m Stacy,” I told him after a moment when I had climbed up.

“And who’s this?” The woman asked in a sickly baby talk voice.

“Bella,” she said softly around the pacifier.

“You must have just found a home, huh?” She asked.

Bella nodded nervously.

“Well mommy what are we doing with her hair today?” the Amazon woman asked Amanda.

“I thought she would be adorable with a short bob? Maybe just a bit below her ears so it’s not so easy to get in her din-din?”

“Easier to clean and take care of too?” The woman looked for a moment before nodding, “It’ll be a great look for her. Anything else you want? I can do a perm?”

“Nah, the Shirley Temple days are long gone, I’m not a fan of curly hair.”

“I can understand that,” the woman replied. “Now do we need the arm and leg straps? You just got her right?”

“You can probably go without those, Bella is a pretty good girl and the harness should be enough.”

“We’ll see, huh?” the lady said before getting to work.

The betweener then asked, “Ma’am, what are we doing on your big girl today?”

“She can tell you,” Amanda said.

I must have looked like a deer in the headlights then, but I said softly, “Can you even it up to my shoulders to where I can curl it under? Then cut my bangs? I still want to be able to put it in a ponytail or pigtails?”

“How about some layering?” He asked me as he studied my hair.

I shrugged, “Sure.”

“Okay, with you Mom?”

“Sounds perfect to me,” she said in reply and settled down in a chair across from us.

My first ever experience in a salon was definitely a new one for me. Alex washed my hair before beginning to snip with his scissors and I had to fight from crying at all of the hair that was falling everywhere. I tried to stay calm though because Bella wasn’t next door.

“Oww…” she cried at one point and I hoped she was okay. Sobs were definitely coming from around her pacifier from what I could tell.

“It’s okay Baby,” Amanda cooed at one point.

I eventually felt like I really needed to go pee so I let it out into my diaper without even thinking about it. After a while longer I really began to feel the need to go the other way too, but fought to hold it in. ‘Pooping in this chair seems more than slightly embarrassing…’ Just as Alex was finishing with my hair and turned me towards a mirror a small fart probably gave away my need to go to Amanda. “What do you think Princess?”

I looked at my face and turned my head back and forth a bit. The haircut was really cute on the little girl in the mirror! That I was that little girl was still a bit of a shock, but I definitely liked it. With the haircut and my uniform I looked to actually be about eight or ten, size taken out of the picture at least, and I smiled.

“Thank you, I love it!”

“What do you think Mom?” he asked as I saw Amanda stand up now holding a Bella with shockingly shorter hair. Whereas my haircut added to my age, hers made her look like a young toddler.

“It’s beautiful, just like my big princess!” she smiled and kissed my head. “We’ll have to get her nails done next time we come in…”

“Our nail tech is great actually, and all of the nail polish is kid safe, so if she sucks her thumb still there’s no worry about what she’s eating,” the Amazon that had cut Bella’s hair said.

‘Great…’ I mumbled to myself knowing I had sucked my thumb on numerous occasions to deal with someone like that.

“Let’s go pay Stacy, then we’ll go home and show Daddy!”

I reached the ground with help from Alex who I turned around and said, “Thank you for treating me like a big girl today.”

He smiled widely at me and leaned down to whisper, “That’s why I’m here honey, the big girls get me, so just make sure your mom asks for me, kay?”

I smiled and gave him a hug before following Amanda to the front. Just after she paid and I began waiting for her at the car to put me in my car seat the urge to poop came back stronger. ‘Come on, you can hold it…’ I screamed at myself as the car began moving again. I distracted myself with the video that came back on, but there wasn’t much else there to try and forget what was going on. As soon as she parked in the garage I asked, “Mommy, can you please hurry I need to go potty bad!”

“Just a moment Stacy,” she told me calmly as she came around to my door, picked me up gently, opened the kitchen door and sat me down.

I hurried to the potty and pulled my skirt up, let the wet diaper plop down beneath me, and hurriedly sat down on the potty just in time for a mess that I was glad hadn’t gone into my diaper!

“What a big girl you are!” Amanda cooed at me as she came inside with Bella in her arms. She carried her straight to the playpen and sat her down. “Bella I’m going to be right back,” she told her and came over to where I was sitting with the wet diaper in front of me and still on the potty.

“Lean forward baby so I can wipe you,” she told me. A moment later, “what did you eat yesterday? This is icky…”

I thought back and said, “I had that bottle of regular milk last night?”

She nodded, “Maybe…”

Once I was cleaned up she handed me another Pamper and said, “put this on while I go clean out your potty. I think Daddy’s upstairs in your nursery if you want to go show him your new haircut then?”

“Can I wash my hands first?”

“Sure sweetie, just let me go clean this out. This is worse than normal…”

I peeked in as I stood up and agreed. The watery stool was particularly putrid for some reason, but I was proud to have held it for what must have been a solid hour! I leaned against the cabinets and put on the fresh diaper just as she collected the wet diaper in a ball and tossed it in a new diaper genie that I hadn’t seen before. “When did you get that?” I asked as she picked me up to wash my hands in the sink.

“Yesterday your Daddy made a trip to the store with Bella to pick up a few more things. With two of you in diapers in the house it seemed like a good idea to have one downstairs too.”

I nodded as she sat me down and asked, “Mommy may I have my phone back so I can take a selfie of my new hair?”

She laughed, “Teenage girls are all alike!” She produced it and I ran upstairs to show Fred and find the mirror in my room. I just caught her picking up Bella and saying, “Let’s have a snack and then I want you to take a nap for your Daddy before lunch…”

‘This must be what it feels like to be a big sister normally… I hate how jealous I am that she’s getting all of the attention from Amanda… and all of her milk!’

Upstairs I found Fred assembling a pink bed in the nursery. It took me a second before my brain stopped and I said, “Daddy, why are you putting a big girls bed in here?”

“Well Stacy, we needed to get another bed for Bella. But your mommy and I decided we’d surprise you with a big girls princess bed since you’re the older sister!”

I felt my mouth drop a bit as I realized that a toddlers bed was a big step up for me, but also that the bed was ridiculously cute. It was obviously meant to be a bed fit for a ‘princess,’ featuring tall bed posts topped with crowns and flowery painted details that were so sickeningly sweet I knew every mom in the world would awe over. I ran over to him and hugged him, “Thank you Daddy,” I told him.

“You’re very welcome Stacy. Now Mommy will talk to you about the rules of a big girls bed later, but why don’t you try it out real quick?” He smiled at me.

I kicked off my shoes and hopped onto the exposed mattress of my new bed with a smile on my face. No longer being contained by bars every night was something I could really appreciate! There was still a railing along half of the bed to keep a baby from rolling out of bed, but other than that it was pretty nice. The mattress even felt like it was of pretty good quality.

Amanda came in then without Bella and said, “Do you like your new bed?”

I jumped off the bed and ran over to her and said, “Thank you Mommy!” As she picked me up and hugged me I asked, “Why Mommy?”

“You’re a big college girl Stacy, you should be in a big girls bed…” She sounded sad about it. “As much as I want to baby you all of the time it’s not necessarily the smartest choice if you have to get by…”

“We also want to offer you the option of pull-ups at home if you want them,” Fred added.

I shook my head, “There are no potties small enough for me at school, so I’ll just keep my pampers if that’s okay?”

“Sure sweetheart,” Amanda said.

“Don’t you two need to get to the lunch?”

“Oh, yes we do,” Amanda said and checked my diaper before saying, “Oh, Daddy what did you think about Princess Stacy’s new haircut?”

“It’s very pretty, just like her,” he replied as he came and hugged us both and kissed me on the forehead and her on the lips. “Have a good time Stacy,” he said.

“Thanks Daddy,” I told him.

“Bella is taking a nap after her snack honey. She had a hard time dealing with the haircut earlier…” she added.

Fred looked pained but said, “Okay, I’ll check on her in a bit. I just have a few more things to do in here for Stacy. We might go out shopping for a few more things later or go to the park or something.”

“Okay dear,” she told him before walking downstairs with me and setting me down so I could grab my backpack and see that Bella was indeed out like a light bulb.

‘Poor Bella,’ I couldn’t help but think while remaining supremely confused about my own status. Other than helping me into the car seat I didn’t feel like Amanda treated me at all like a baby as we traveled to the university. ‘Why does that bother me…?’ I wondered. ‘Do I like being babied?’

As much as I hated to admit it, I think the answer was ‘yes, yes I do.’ I didn’t want to be one of Cassie or Chloe’s abused littles, but the loving treatment Amanda was giving Bella was making me completely jealous. ‘I know she talked about having to have me grow up… but I guess I wasn’t expecting her to really do that.’

Apparently I had found my thumb on the way because Amanda said, “You want to lose that tasty thumb before others see you?”

I blushed but pulled it out and let her wipe it off with a baby wipe she held in her hand. After discreetly tossing that into a trash bag hanging from the seat she picked me up and sat me down on the ground. “So this is supposed to be the last time we’re supposed to see you until Labor Day,” she teased me.

“I guess I’m not going to get that lucky, huh?” I teased her back.

I walked alongside her having left my backpack in the car since I didn’t need it yet. The luncheon was apparently in a location called Venture Commons that I discovered was a huge indoor athletic facility with plenty of space for tables of all of the new students and their parents. I could see as we walked in that each table was covered with an elegant place setting. “Professor Westerfield!” a voice greeted us as we approached the front of the line.

“President Nitsche!” Amanda replied happily with a smile at the voice.

I looked to see a very large man with graying hair and a nice suit on. Amanda stopped next to where he was standing by the ropes of the line. “What brings our distinguished professor to an opening undergrad event?”

“Why my daughter, Stacy,” she said with a smile and patted my head.

I decided to go for broke and try a curtsy, “Pleased to meet you sir.”

“Aren’t you adorable?” He said with a smile, “Nice to meet you too!” He looked at Amanda, “I had totally forgot about your little exchange student. Surely this can’t be her?” he seemed surprised, “I thought she’d be larger?”

“So did I,” I said with a smirk. I became a bit self-conscious though when I realized a number of students and parents were staring at our conversation.

“Something either about a second trip through the gate or something… we’re not really sure what happened to her,” Amanda told him, “but she’s every bit as intelligent as we hoped she’d be.”

“That’s great! It’s definitely unusual to let a little live off campus… or even accept an adopted little to the university, but you do have an unconventional way about you my dear.”

Amanda smiled at him before he said, “It’s nice to meet you Stacy, please let me know if you ever need anything ladies, I know you’ll want to eat something soon!”

As we traveled down the remaining distance the stares continued and I wondered just what I didn’t know! At the front of the line attendants were seating the students and families as they came in. “One adult and a highchair?” ours asked.

“No, two chairs, but a booster seat would be helpful?” Amanda asked.

“We can do that,” the lady said and directed us to follow her to a table.

When we arrived I couldn’t help but get a sinking feeling as out of the eight chairs, a family of four was taking up five of them. A mother, a tall amazon college daughter, and two highchair bound little girls sat across from Amanda and I. Their little girls were sandwiched between the mother and her daughter. Amanda possessively sat between their mother and I, and we were joined a moment later by a geeky looking, but tall amazon guy and his mother.

As I was helped by Amanda into the booster seat the ‘mother’ of the littles helpfully said, “They do have high chairs available if you ask for them.”

“That’s okay, my daughter will be fine in a booster. It’s just a matter of helping her reach the table,” she said with a smile at the woman.

“To each their own,” the woman said snippily.

With that I had a moment to stare at the two little girls. She clearly had done some treatments to them as they both had babyish smiles practically plastered on their faces. Drool dripped from their mouths to their bibs, and both alternated holding, and gnawing on, teething toys that were pointless with their teeth removed. One started to fuss a little and the mother said, “Phoebe here’s a jar of food for Fifi, would you spoon feed it to her?”

“Yes Mom, I’ll feed the rugrat.” She looked at the jar and said, “Mom, really, you’re making me feed her carrots again? I have things to go to later and I’m going to be a mess because she hates them...”

“She loves carrots,” her mom said condescendingly. “Just do it.”

“Rugrat you’d better not spit this up all over me,” the girl warned severely to her sister who began whimpering.

“Be nice Phoebe, you won’t see your sisters for four months while you’re here at school…”

“Hi, I’m Jackson,” the boy next to me said suddenly.

I looked up at the tall boy and said, “I’m Stacy, nice to meet you!”

“I see you have a uniform on? You’re a student?”

“Yep!” I smiled, “I know I’m short, but I hope to do well.”

“What are you going to study? I’m studying Computer Science?”

“Me too!” I said with a smile.

“Hi, I’m her mother Doctor Westerfield,” Amanda said to him.

I watched his eyes go like bug crazy for a moment and really began to wonder just who she was. “The professor of AI studies?”

“That’s me,” Amanda said.

“I’m Janice, his mother,” the lady next to him said.

“You’re really bringing a little that cute to the university?” Phoebe’s mom asked suddenly interrupting after spooning a mouthful of peas to the little closest to her. “She’ll be adopted before she graduates and can use her degree.”

I smiled at her and said, “Actually I’m already adopted ma’am, so while you’re right, you’re also incorrect.”

The lady snarled at me, “Baby girls should be seen and not heard.”

“The world view of a dinosaur Mom,” Phoebe said, “Please shut up so you don’t embarrass us anymore?”

“Young lady!” her mom said.

“I don’t have to put up with this anymore Mom. Yes littles are cute, but before you brainwashed, modified, and otherwise enslaved these two they were fairly bright adults. Some littles are more than capable of taking care of themselves and doing things. Leave it alone.”

My opinion of Phoebe went way up then!

“You…!”

Thankfully before her mom could speak anymore a man stood up at the podium and introduced himself. “I’m Doctor Donald Machnar, and it’s my distinct pleasure to welcome all of our new students and their parents to this traditional event…”

An exceptionally long, at least to me, procession of speakers came up to greet everyone. President Nitshce was the final speaker, and finally at the end of his speech he said, “And now for what you really came here for, lunch! From what I understand they want this side of the room to start and we’ll move towards the other direction…”

For once in my life I was shocked to see I was sitting in the lucky side that got to start! I wasted little time in scrambling off the seat and joining Amanda in a line at a large buffet. I knew Emerson was an expensive private university, but I was truly shocked that they had huge crab legs, steak, and sides for everyone at the buffet! My expensive looking plastic fake china plate was heavy by the time I finished going through the line with Amanda and went back to the table. She sat the plate on the table for me and helped me back into my seat. The mother was sitting there breastfeeding one of the littles then. I definitely wasn’t jealous though, her personality was terrible and I couldn’t imagine taking milk for a witch like that!

She glared at my plate of real food and I saw the first signs of anything being left in ‘Fifi’s’ eyes as she looked enviously at the crab. I turned back down to the plate though as there was nothing I could do for her. To my right Jackson soon rejoined us and in between bites he began asking me about myself.

“Well… I’m actually from the other dimension?” I told him. “I came here so I could study here since Emerson is so far ahead of our dimension.”

“That is awesome! I’ve heard that… Although I once got to try a video game from your dimension and it was so much better than ours…”

“Which one?”

“Grand Theft Auto…” he said quietly to me.

I laughed, “Great game… I didn’t bring it with me. I did bring some other games and systems though.”

“Seriously?” He asked excitedly. “Any chance I could come over and try them sometime?”

Amanda made a noise and he looked sheepish, “With your mom’s permission of course…”

She giggled then so he knew she wasn’t really upset. “Classes have to come first. If Stacy and you are both maintaining a 3.5 or better at midterms I’ll let her have you over for a gaming session.”

“You just don’t want to share,” I said to her with my tongue out.

He laughed then as she nodded and said, “No, I don’t.”

Phoebe looked pretty miserable when she returned with a plate of food for herself and her mom who had by then switched to Fifi on her other breast. “You know you could help out here,” her mom told her. “I know how many pads you go through a day.”

“Mother…” poor Phoebe hissed as her face turned red.

“I’m just saying, it’s a waste of good milk…”

“That’s it, I’ll see you at Christmas!” Phoebe said to her mother as she stood up. She looked at us apologetically, “Sorry to disturb your lunch, hopefully we’ll have a more pleasant meeting sometime. Stacy?” She said, “Not all of us share my mothers beliefs and I hope we get to have a class together sometime and talk!” She turned her back and walked away as her mother pulled the little girl from her breast, and began chasing her with both littles in her hands as best she could.

“She was a piece of work…” Jackson’s mother said.

WHEN ALL FOUR of us had finished lunch we excused ourselves and left the center. It was about 12:30 and I had a while to kill before the exam. “I’m guessing you need a diaper change?” Amanda asked me softly when we were away.

I realized I hadn’t gone yet and nodded as I released my bladder into my diaper. “Yeah… stop by a bathroom somewhere?”

“Could go to the university bookstore and look around there?” Amanda suggested, “There’ll be a bathroom there you can change your diaper in.”

“You’re not going to?”

“You need to get used to it,” she told me with kind of a pained expression.

I ended up nodding, “I guess let’s stop by the car and grab my backpack?”

A plan made, we walked to the lot she had parked. Amanda took a moment to make sure I had a few spare diapers in the bag before we left the car. When she was done I slung it on my shoulders and walked holding her hand to the student union. She led me to a downstairs bathroom just inside and pushed me to go into a stall while she went in another next to me.

I was more than weirded out with the change in her behavior, but shook it off and pulled a clean diaper and my wipes from the backpack. Holding my skirt up carefully I pulled the tapes off of the diaper and let it lay on the floor while I wiped myself quickly and methodically and dropped the used wipes in used diaper. Now clean I grabbed the new diaper and used the stall wall to help me put the new one on, pulled my skirt back down over my new diaper, balled up the old diaper, and zipped up my backpack and put it on. As I walked out of the stall I thought, ‘that’s the most grown up thing I’ve done in weeks?’

As I tried to reach up to throw the used diaper away I couldn’t help but think, ‘It’s so much easier to have Amanda change me…’

I had just managed to toss it in when Amanda came out and pointed out a stepstool to help me wash my hands on a lower handicap accessible sink. I managed to get soap and wash my hands by myself too and it felt weird.

“Good girl,” she said as she gave me a hug and led me out the door. “Shall we see if we can find sort of Emerson clothes for you here?”

“Sure!” I said with a smile knowing that in my size everything would probably be as babyish as it could get.

Sure enough wandering the clothes it became apparent that not much was available in little sizes. What was available was expensive and awful! “Let’s look at the baby sizes,” Amanda whispered.

I nodded as I figured that would be inevitable. Sure enough there were several racks of onesies and a rack of dresses looked like they would fit me. A couple of the onesies looked cute and I pointed out a pink and purple set to Amanda, “Mommy, how about those?”

She saw the ones I was looking at and looked at the sizes. “They only have them in your size, not your sisters…”

“I was talking about for me…” I whined a little.

“Oh…” she said and I wondered what switch had flipped in her brain that she wasn’t thinking of me for them! “I guess we could get one of these for you. You want one of these dresses too?” she held up a green dress that had an E monogrammed on it. It looked about as mature as a dress for a three-month old could get, and I nodded. “Sure!”

With that she dug around and grabbed a few more things including a couple sippy cups and bottles that were branded with Emerson. “I think your sister would like these,” she said to me with a smile about the bottles and a couple bibs.

In another area I found a cute yellow floppy hat that looked cute with my uniform. With a smile Amanda added it to the pile. As we checked out the Amazon at the checkout reminded her, “You know you can’t adopt her with her ID there, right?”

“I know, the baby stuff is for her sister.”

“Sister?”

“Already adopted,” I said to the girl with a smile. She looked confused but just finished checking Amanda out.

As we left the store she said, “Hopefully you can get a chance to wear a couple of those outfits on the weekends at least. You will look cute in them!”

“Don’t I have to wear the uniform all of the time like the other littles?” I asked.

“If you’re in a cute outfit with me, your dad, or other adults you’ll be fine,” she reminded me. “No one is going to try and take you directly from us…”

Just as she finished that thought I watched Amanda fall down as someone shoved her! Meanwhile a woman walking next to us with an empty stroller suddenly reached to grab me!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I hope you have continued to enjoy this! Chapter 32 will be posted Friday sometime. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review to let me know you are still reading this!

Comment

Re: Exchanged - Diaper Dimension - Chapter 30 - Added 3-23-2018 and 31 3-24-2018

Whoa! That was unexpected. From what you've said, it would seem that this woman has no real possibility of getting away with Stacy, at least at this time, but you have suddenly made the whole experience she's having that much more dangerous! I wonder if the woman can be arrested for attempted kidnapping...

I also wish to comment about Amanda's behavior towards Stacy in this chapter. It isn't that it doesn't make sense; it's more that I am confused as to why she just did it instead of talking to Stacy about it first. I'm also wondering how allowing her adopted daughter to "grow up" would sit with the agency she's so worried about with Bella. (Sorry: I can't think of its name, but it's basically child welfare for Littles.) Isn't there a basic danger just from that? I mean if they do a home inspection and find a real bed instead of a crib? Etc.?

I continue to love this story. Every time I see a new chapter I am excited. Thank you for it!

Comment

Re: Exchanged - Diaper Dimension - Chapter 30 - Added 3-23-2018 and 31 3-24-2018

I'm also wondering how allowing her adopted daughter to "grow up" would sit with the agency she's so worried about with Bella.
                      There will be more of an explanation of it down the road. Remember Amanda has already discussed they had planned on treating Stacy like a baby for the week so she could get used to it, and then letting her grow up before going to school. That she was so tiny derailed things and I think messed with Amanda's amazonian maternal instincts more than a little. The next chapter or two will reveal more. As far as LPS is concerned they're both still caged in the room with the baby gate, plus there's a rail on the new toddler bed to keep Stacy from rolling out. It's still not a 'real' bed.

Comment

Hey Kerry. I posted and deleted a snippy response to that. Sorry if you saw it.

This comment upset me not because we disagree, or because its arguments are necessarily wrong, but because it extended to explaining why my personal reaction to the text was invalid. At the very least, I can guarantee I'm not repeating college creative writing lessons, because I never took them. Please be careful with "You".

I'm not interested in arguing point-by-point. Frankly, it feels like you're talking to a scarecrow. (Pause a second. See how dangerous those "yous" are?) All I know is, there have been long stretches where I've been kinda distracted and semi-bored in this story, not disliking anything in particular but asking myself "Are we there yet?" and "Why am I reading about X, Y, and Z". Now that we're onboard the HMS Plot I'm excited and having fun.

This is my feedback without a prescription.
                        Sorry I upset you. It really wasn't my intention. Truly, I was just responding with a different point of view. I know what it feels like to write hundreds of thousands of words and then edit them down, and Sofia had already stated that she was going to cut this into three books when it was finished, so I wanted to point out that (A) editing would likely be done later and (B) she has, through these many pages, set up all sorts of possible conflicts. Look at the one she just used! I'll be critical if the woman gets away with it b/c that would appear to be inconsistent with the rules as we've been shown them, but for it to happen out of nowhere is completely consistent with what just about everyone has told Stacy from the start. It makes real the threat to her safety while she is out of Amanda's direct care. If this crazy woman can simply ignore all of the laws and rules in a brazen attempt to hijack a child/Little, what must Stacy have to fear from those who would try to take her within the law?

You are of course entitled to your own personal response to this or any other piece. My comment had to do with a tendency to apply textbook paradigms to all pieces in a prescriptive manner that I have often noted in your criticism. (It doesn't really matter if it is from a course or not, and it is a criticism that applies to everyone, not just you; hell, I'm probably guilty of it on occasion as well. I was merely stating that there is no "one size fits all" approach to writing literature. Put As I Lay Dying next to The Sun Also Rises and then put them both next to something like Gone Girl; it would surprise me greatly if there were a whole lot of specific criticisms that would apply to all three.) Anyway, if the story bored you for awhile, then it did. I just wanted to remind you that, as Sofia said, it is a serialized piece and as yet unfinished; disliking it is one thing, but discounting the validity of 150k words of it is something else altogether. They may well turn out to contain critical character and plot points; we simply can't say yet.

Anyway, please accept my apology; I obviously either phrased things poorly or struck a nerve, and neither was my goal. I've told you before that your critical feedback is among the finest on this site; I certainly would never intentionally denigrate your reactions. I just think that sometimes your beliefs about the way things should be, as do all of ours, get in the way. Even so, though, if writing bothers you then it bothers you, and (again) there is nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by BabySofia View Post
                          There will be more of an explanation of it down the road. Remember Amanda has already discussed they had planned on treating Stacy like a baby for the week so she could get used to it, and then letting her grow up before going to school. That she was so tiny derailed things and I think messed with Amanda's amazonian maternal instincts more than a little. The next chapter or two will reveal more. As far as LPS is concerned they're both still caged in the room with the baby gate, plus there's a rail on the new toddler bed to keep Stacy from rolling out. It's still not a 'real' bed.
                          That makes sense to me. :-)

Comment

Anyway, please accept my apology; I obviously either phrased things poorly or struck a nerve, and neither was my goal.
                            You didn't need to apologize, but I appreciate it. The nerve you struck was:

Originally posted by kerry
                            Donbiki, you tend to critique by the book, applying college creative writing lessons and standards to every piece and assuming therefore that each of them needs to work in the same way.
                            Originally posted by Donbiki Autotranslate
                            Donbiki, you don't get different kinds of stories and have cookie-cutter taste. Your critiques are trying to show off superior knowledge to others, which is in fact just hubris.
                            If anything, take it as a friendly reminder about the dangers of "You" as the subject word for critical statements. I have to wear egg on my face for letting myself become passive-aggressive, if only for three minutes.

So about negative feedback. It's hard enough to give, for lots of reasons, some of which have just been demonstrated. As for whether I'm being narrow-minded, it's hard to say. I stand by my original post. The prescriptiveness is there because otherwise the feedback wouldn't be constructive.

To be clear: I don't think '150k' should be discarded or moved later, just 'a lot'. Maybe my wording confused the issue. But even if thought this whole 250k-word manuscript so far were invalid, I would say so.

It's my golden rule of feedback to give honest and complete impressions. (About "It", not "You", hopefully. ) I hate the idea that people will read my stories, notice a gigantic problem, but not mention it, or gloss it over in a "nice" understatement. Or feel like it's not their place to comment because they don't see "the whole picture" yet.

This story hasn't failed. In some ways, the slow buildup has been charming, but only to a point. The "slow buildup" has taken five short novels to reach what was painted as the starting line. (Two weeks of in-world time.) There was a good amount of fun in those novels, with lots of great worldbuilding and some drama, but they were five novels. Even if you say I'm letting textbook conventions influence me, I don't believe I'm being a stickler or economy-in-storytelling inquisitor for pointing this out. I believe the story's length so far reflects a mistake in planning, not a simple lack of editing, and that Sophia could benefit from knowing it.

Hopefully all this is not a Monkey's Paw to Sophia's call for comments.

Comment

I've said this before, but I love the nuances in the world building. Looking at this work overall, in terms of multiple subplots interwoven with the main plot, there are moments when the subplots may have overtaken the main plot. (That said, the subplots have been very entertaining and world-expanding, and I've greatly enjoyed them!) As Sophia said, this work could be broken down into various books. In that context-IMO- this breakdown works well. The main plot would be the overarching plot line of the book series, with each subplot being the focus of a book.

I've found each plot engaging and enjoyable to read. As far as comfort reading goes...there's still character development, plot progression- elements that have held my interest. (though like many things, this is an area where individual reader reactions will vary).

There are a few subplots/ scenes personally I'm hoping will be circling back in to make an appearance. My favorite parts of all this have been with Amanda's sisters, and with the fancy restaurant where Stacy impressed the chef. I'm wondering how Bella will react to eating there.

To comment on the latest part of the story- what a cliff hanger! I'm wondering if maybe the lady will succeed in kidnapping Stacy in a reversal of reader expectations, or if Stacy will surprise her with some action like she did with jumping into the dolphin tank and climbing the tree to escape Chloe.
                              Last edited by Cute-Kitten; 03-25-2018, 11:06:58 AM.
                              Please consider supporting me on patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Cute_Kitten

Comment

This story hasn't failed. In some ways, the slow buildup has been charming, but only to a point. The "slow buildup" has taken five short novels to reach what was painted as the starting line. (Two weeks of in-world time.) There was a good amount of fun in those novels, with lots of great worldbuilding and some drama, but they were five novels. Even if you say I'm letting textbook conventions influence me, I don't believe I'm being a stickler or economy-in-storytelling inquisitor for pointing this out. I believe the story's length so far reflects a mistake in planning, not a simple lack of editing, and that Sophia could benefit from knowing it.

Hopefully all this is not a Monkey's Paw to Sophia's call for comments.
                                Like I said before, I have a thick skin and am able to take criticism. Part of my problem on story length though is that I read too fast... A novel the length that would be conventionally published I can read in a couple hours. I've always found myself intensely annoyed when an author posts eight paragraphs of a story on this or other sites and calls it a chapter... So I guess when I write I overcompensate in order to give the reader more to read at a time.

The planning was done beforehand (still have the original at the bottom of my document), just a couple events ended up taking on a life of their own and I felt I should let them. I didn't want to just arrive at class one day though without anyone knowing Stacy or her family. A lot of the elements that you've mentioned are missing from continuing from early on are going to be making their return in the near future. Whenever I get done with this I'll take a look at minor events and chapters and be willing to mark an X through them. I also know there's no chance I'll ever try and publish this particular work, so I guess I don't have a lot invested in it being that textbook perfect book that a publishing house would go for. (I do have a few self-published novels under another pen name that have brought in some decent revenue for me.)

Don, please note I'll take the length into consideration! Just a minor critique of my own: don't let another person frazzle you enough that your word choice takes it to being too blunt and too direct. I have a thick skin about criticism, but another author might find themselves very hurt with as much time as they invest into something. Just something to think about - I can read that's not your intention, but it could be read that way by another.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I do appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
                                X