Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Summer In Hell

Originally posted by Vearynope View Post
    ...or it could just be a fun jab at fantasizing in this interest.
    Pretty much this. I went full-on absurd with the tropes, including "and then I woke up", to create the meta-joke - absurdly cliche stories happen through absurdly cliche means from absurdly cliche people.

Clearly I went a little too Andy Kaufman on this one.
    Last edited by WBDaddy; 09-07-2017, 11:24:53 PM.

Comment

I like the story better knowing that it was meant to be absurd. (Not that we didn't all have suspicions before, but it's nice to have confirmation). It make for a good teaching tool for new writers--point them to this story to demonstrate what we mean when we say that things like plot, character development, and the like matter, and why it's important to avoid being too clique.

Comment

Originally posted by SolenoidSandwich View Post
        I like the story better knowing that it was meant to be absurd. (Not that we didn't all have suspicions before, but it's nice to have confirmation). It make for a good teaching tool for new writers--point them to this story to demonstrate what we mean when we say that things like plot, character development, and the like matter, and why it's important to avoid being too clique.
        Well, much as I did in the first Halloween contest, I wanted to play with some humorous elements. Coming up with something original off-the-cuff under a deadline when I'm juggling so many other projects seemed a bit daunting, so I decided to just go full-on the other direction, be as unoriginal as possible, invoke all the tropes I could think of in a story with a breakneck pace from the outset, with cardboard cutout characters and the whole nine yards.

One might say I was being lazy and cracking a subtle little joke about it in the process.

But sure, I could see this being held up as an example for new people of you'redoingitwrong when presenting a technically clean but utterly unoriginal story.

Comment

I like the part where you skip over the details of character growth. He goes straight from calling it faggy, to completely loving it, and any of explanation for why is conveniently left out.

Nice touch.
          I plead a 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by Vearynope View Post
            I like the part where you skip over the details of character growth. He goes straight from calling it faggy, to completely loving it, and any of explanation for why is conveniently left out.

Nice touch.
            Well, it wouldn't be completely cliche if it wasn't, "And he was diapered ever after, and liked it."

Comment

Re: My summer in hell

I almost forgot to come back to this now that the reveals happened to mention something I found amusing. Someone PMed me insisting that despite my stating I didn't have a pony in this show that I must have written this one because of my one comment in this thread LOL! And I was told I needed to be less defensive of my writing.

makes a note to be less defensive of her writing if she ever posts any here

Comment

Originally posted by ClawdiaWolf View Post
                I almost forgot to come back to this now that the reveals happened to mention something I found amusing. Someone PMed me insisting that despite my stating I didn't have a pony in this show that I must have written this one because of my one comment in this thread LOL! And I was told I needed to be less defensive of my writing.

makes a note to be less defensive of her writing if she ever posts any here
                So defensive, you won't even let us read it, let alone give feedback.
                I plead a 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by ClawdiaWolf View Post
                  I almost forgot to come back to this now that the reveals happened to mention something I found amusing. Someone PMed me insisting that despite my stating I didn't have a pony in this show that I must have written this one...
                  I just remembered to ask a very important question:

Did you receive any PM's about this being "inappropriately abusive"?

Comment

Hehe, I was getting annoyed wiff this story from the beginning middle of the story. I was frustrated with how it was like a sissy fantasy by the near end. Then I read the last paragraph and laughed. I'm happy I have trouble not finishing a story. This one was so worth it for that ending.

Comment

this was a nice weird read.i thought the mom was way to harsh.and the sister was way too mean.too bad the security cameras didnt catch her something real bad so she can join him in pink diapers.

Comment

Working...
                      X