Thread: Text size help

Bourbon flavored mustache Vearynope's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Text size help

Can someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

For my contest entry, the text size after copy-pasting ended up larger than normal. This is odd since I've been using the same font size in whatever word processor I've used.

Anyway, I thought I had it corrected when I posted "This Ain't What it Looks Like" so I then edited "Back Seat Driver" to match. It looked fine on my laptop, but the text looks tiny on my phone.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Text size help

It's a case of text size being set at all vs. unset. I don't recall whether there's a user-accessible way to strip the size tags only. You can strip all formatting, but that's a bit heavy-handed and causes additional problems. One solution is to copy the bbcode version from the edit box to a text editor and use a find and delete.

Clawdia, is there a size tag strip I'm missing?
    Take the buffets of life, work through them, and savor the buffets.
    Story Forum Chat: chat.abdl.us/kiwi

Standing up and I am stronger,
    Listen to my heart 'cause
    it's getting louder
    1,000 Post Golden Diaper Club
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ally View Post
    It's a case of text size being set at all vs. unset. I don't recall whether there's a user-accessible way to strip the size tags only. You can strip all formatting, but that's a bit heavy-handed and causes additional problems. One solution is to copy the bbcode version from the edit box to a text editor and use a find and delete.

Clawdia, is there a size tag strip I'm missing?
    There's a tool for it but it is very restricted access as it can completely delete a post if you're not careful. Unfortunately I don't have access to it at the moment as it is not remotely safe to use it from a phone.

Vearynope, I'll run the tool as soon as I can. May be Sunday before I can do it though.

Standing up and I am stronger,
    Listen to my heart 'cause
    it's getting louder
    1,000 Post Golden Diaper Club
    Blog Entries

Hey, Vearynope, are there any font size changes that should be kept before I run the tool? Just want to make sure I don't remove something that should be there because the tool has a "fast" mode that just strips all size tags which is much faster to run than the other version (which only strips font size specifications that aren't size=2 or size=4 which are commonly used as asides and chapter markers )
    Don't ever wanna come down,
    My heart is soaring now,
    This fire's burning brighter

Bourbon flavored mustache Vearynope's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nope, all the font should be the same.

And do I have this correct that I must've set the font when I posted the story originally? (I don't remember doing it, but I might have)
    I'm just trying to be sure exactly what not to do in the future.

And thanks again.

Something set it originally. The question is what and how. Almost certainly it was copied formatting from your source. If you have a button in your edit box that looks like a smaller black a, a slash, and a larger underlined blue a, that should switch between formatted and code views, so you can figure out exactly what changes how it pastes. Or perhaps our friendly werewolfie knows where to start.
    Take the buffets of life, work through them, and savor the buffets.
    Story Forum Chat: chat.abdl.us/kiwi